CarbonStated

Firefox? Never.

3/01/2009 03:46:00 PM 1 comments


Unlike many of my friends here at CarbonStated I refuse to use Firefox. This mainly stems from my addiction to Apple's 3 finger forward/back navigation feature when surfing the web. (Side note - aren't library supposed to be quiet? I'm writing this in one and i can't even hear myself think...). Google's Chrome web browser hasn't been deployed for Mac yet so I am stuck with Safari. The new Safari 4 beta version was released a couple weeks ago and I am here to offer my impressions of it.


- The look remains very similar to past versions with the exception of the tabs being moved to the top like Chrome.

- Top Sites gives you a picture preview of the pages you visit the most. A star appears when new content has been added. Think of it as an image driven RSS reader.

- Sites load very quickly and it seems stable enough. I'm sure there must be a few bugs to work out before the "beta" gets dropped.

Overall, I am pleased and recommend downloading it. When something is cool and free, you really have no excuse to not.

1 Comment

  1. Anonymous On March 6, 2009 at 11:37 AM

    i used to be able to search for words within firefox by hitting command + F and using lower case letters. now, for some ass-hat reason, if the word i wanna find has the first letter capitalized, i have to capitalize that shit when i type it in. wtf is up with that? i may be making the move to safari.

     

Post a Comment